Saturday, April 19, 2014

~ Make your own Natural Sun Screen ~

Do you wear Sunscreen?


I know that Sun expose can cause irritation which can make acne worse but does the Sunscreen are safe to use?? 

I remember, I found myself looking for Sunscreen when I was in Thailand (my home country) when the Sun is much stronger than here in Europe (at least from my points of view) and I could´t convince myself to pick any of it as I read the ingredients and 90% of the ingredients I could not even pronounce it correctly.

So I have used Coconut oil on my skin. Although it has natural Sunscreen put in a very low percentage something like SPF 4 I found it great to achieve beautiful tan skin, but what I don´t really realize is that my acne prone skin face was exposed too much in the sun and it causes hyperpigmentation to my existing acne scar.

As I do love the Sun but I also do love my skin so this Summer I plan to make my own natural Sunscreen.
I was doing my research and have come across this website wellness mama
Wellness Mama have shared this Homemade Sunscreen using all yummy Natural ingredients that just reading it already make me want to make it now.


Natural Homemade Sunscreen Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup Almond or Olive oil (can infuse with herbs first if desired) ***Although I plan to use Sunflower Oil combine with Almond oil and Vitamin E
  • 1/4 cup Coconut oil (natural SPF 4)
  • 1/4 cup Beeswax 
  • 2 Tablespoons Zinc Oxide (This is a non-nano version that won’t be absorbed into the skin. Be careful not to inhale the powder). This makes a natural SPF of 20+ or more can be added.)
  • Optional: 1 teaspoon Vitamin E Oil  ***I will skip this part as I already have Vitamin E in my oil
  • Optional: 2 tablespoons Shea Butter (natural SPF 4-5) ***I definitely will include the Shea Butter in it
  • Optional: Essential Oils, Vanilla Extract or other natural extracts to suit your preference   ***Vanilla will also be my choice 
How to Make Natural Sunscreen:
  1. Combine ingredients except zinc oxide in a pint sized or larger glass jar. 
  2. Fill a medium saucepan with a couple inches of water and place over medium heat.
  3. Put a lid on the jar loosely and place in the pan with the water.
  4. As the water heats, the ingredients in the jar will start to melt. Shake or stir occasionally to incorporate. When all ingredients are completely melted, add the zinc oxide, stir in well and pour into whatever jar or tin you will use for storage. Small mason jars (pint size) are great for this. It will not pump well in a lotion pump!
  5. Stir a few times as it cools to make sure zinc oxide is incorporated.
  6. Use as you would regular sunscreen. Best if used within six months.
She had also mentioned that this Sunscreen not waterproof and will need to be reapplied after sweating or swimming.
Note: make sure not to inhale the Zinc Oxide - use a mask if necessary!
I plan to make it as soon as I gather all the ingredients ^_^

What do you think about this recipe?
Have you ever made your own homemade Sunscreen?





No comments:

Post a Comment

~ ♥ ~ I´m glad you are here ~ ♥ ~